What if I told you that Discord could be one of the best marketing platforms you can use? Sounds iffy? Not to worry. This article is going to clear all your doubts!
Discord is a unique platform. Unlike other social media platforms, Discord’s primary focus has never been on being a social media. However, it was widely adopted by the gaming community in its initial stages.
Discord’s popularity can be credited to its unique VoIP platform proposition. VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol allows users to communicate with each other through voice chat over an internet connection. As online gaming grew, Discord became a default platform for many gamers around the world.
However, Discord’s potential is way more extensive than the gaming community. In fact, any business or brand that focuses on forum and community building will need a Discord for marketing in the near future. Discord is an evolution of existing forum platforms.
How Discord Works
You have to download its client either on your computer or download its mobile app. Once done, you simply create an account and start using it!
Discord communities are created through ‘servers’. You, as a brand, can create a server in Discord that will be used for your users to get in touch with you. Users can use the server and its various ‘channels’(chat window) to communicate with your brand representatives, moderators, and fellow users.
Users on the server can communicate with you and other fellow users. They can even talk over voice and video chat. As a server owner, you can create events, promote engagements, or even hold virtual events over the server. For example, you are a newspaper website builder provider, and you decide to launch a new feature, you can create an event where you talk about this new feature with your existing customers.
Discord’s advantage over traditional social media is its unique ability to make the community feel together. The best part about Discord servers is the existence of Discord bots. Discord bots are amazing tools that can help you create unique Discord communities and servers.
What Are Discord Bots?
Bots are third-party Discord tools deployed to your servers to automate various tasks and processes within them. Discord bots can do everything from welcoming a user to managing and moderating the content and communication on user chat windows and more.
Discord bots are versatile and can be purpose-built for any requirement of your Discord server. The average Discord server can have as many Discord bots as you want. In fact, there are Discord servers where all server and administrator-related tasks are carried out with the help of bots.
For a business, a Discord bot can make server management easier and increase the efficiency of your Discord server. Many popular Discord servers exclusively use bots to simplify the management of a Discord server.
Discord bots can be used for tasks such as new user onboarding, moderation, entertainment, support, help center, announcements, lead generation, surveys, polls, etc.
The Best Discord Bots and How they Help Your Server
While Discord gives you the ability to create and deploy your own bots, most Discord servers use an ample number of premade bots that can be found online. The Discord community has actively created simple and complex bots that can be downloaded from discordbots.org.
These bots are mostly free to download though some of them have to be bought for a minor fee. Here are the 5 best Discord bots that can transform your server and help you enhance customer experience.
- MEE6: This is one of the most popular Discord bots around. MEE6’s job is a simple one. It moderates your server. Its robust architecture and excellent algorithms can help you maintain a good and clean Discord server. It has the ability to single out swears and insulting messages within your Discord server. It removes messages with improper and vulgar content. It can kick, ban, and blacklist repeat offenders.
- Sesh: Not every Discord bot needs to face the users. Administrators within your server can have a hard time keeping track of large servers and their tasks. Sesh is a scheduling bot that can help all the administrators within your server manage their work. It sends notifications about upcoming events, tasks, and more. It can also send server-wide announcements to all Discord users.
- RythmBot: An engagement bot, Rhythm can play music tracks across your Discord server. It can be used by users to listen to music or by the administrators to play the same music across the server. Rhythm bot is especially useful during online-only events and can often be entertaining.
- Dank Memer: Memes are the rage of this day. A bot that lets you make memes and send them to your Discord users is important. That’s exactly what dank memer is. Dank memer lets you and your Discord users create memes. It provides a modifier where you can choose your meme, add text, design and send it within minutes. With the right audience, Dank Memer can make your Discord a fun place to be.
- Giveaway Bot: Giveaway bot is another excellent chatbot that is great for servers that hold regular giveaways and raffles. Giveawaybot receives user information and chooses random users to give away whatever item your business is promoting. Giveaway bots are excellent to engage users and to add them as leads for your business.
Of course, you don’t necessarily have to use existing bots. If you have a special use case, you can design your own Discord bots with ease. Just like a newspaper website builder lets you build newspaper websites, Discord bot builders help you build Discord bots.
In some of them, you don’t need to have coding knowledge either. With how easy it is to deploy and create Discord bots, not automating your server with the help of bots is a massive mistake.
A good Discord bot can elevate customer satisfaction and experience with your Discord server and can go a long way in retaining users to your servers for longer. It is also an excellent marketing channel that can help you gauge how successful your products will be.
It is also a place to find the most loyal of your customers and directly communicate with them without the need for indirect communication like most other social media platforms.